Saturday, October 29, 2011

Peanut Wraps

I got this recipe off littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com and love it. Its easy to whip up in less than 20 minutes (even less if your chicken is thawed!). I feel like it breaks us out of our usual boring "American" cuisine and is just so tasty. The sauce is so yummy, your kids will be licking their plates!


Peanut Wraps 

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I usually use tenderloins)
1 tbs cooking oil
4 cups broccoli slaw 
1 medium red onion (I skip this if we don't have it or use a white onion and it's still delish)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger (I use the powder, probably not as good, but oh well)
Tortillas

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy work, I kind of like crunchy for the added crunch)
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves (sometimes I just use garlic powder)

Directions:
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm. 
In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender. 

Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved. 

Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Lick your plate.
 Makes 6-8 wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment