Thursday, September 8, 2011

Turkey Curry

I really don't know the real name for this recipe. I had this at my sisters awhile ago and got a craving to make it again. I didn't have a recipe. I just went off of what she had told me was in it. AND believe it or not it turned out very well. So, I thought I'd share. It's super easy too!

Ingredients
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 med. sweet onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1 T fresh ginger, grated
2-3 tsp curry powder ( I think I ended up adding 4 because I like it strong)
1 c frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste

1- brown turkey in skillet

2- add a little bit of oil to the pan and saute the onion and garlic until soft and translucent.

3- add turkey back into onion mix and add fresh ginger, spices and salt and pepper until combined. Add peas.

DONE! I like to serve this over rice. or even some toasted bread with a little butter is really yummy!

1 comment:

  1. cricks, you saved my dinner from being waffles again tonight! thank you for a quick and easy one. i added some broth and coconut milk because old habits die hard i guess.

    ReplyDelete