Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

  • I make these every year at Christmas time, they are my favorite!



  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

  • 1/3 cup sugar

  • 2 large eggs

  • 1 tesspoon lemon juice

  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

  • 24 vanilla wafers

  • 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or I substitute raspberry if I am in that mood!)

  • Aluminum foil muffin cups

    Directions:

    1. 1
      Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    2. 2
      Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla until light and fluffy.
    3. 3
      Line regular sized muffin pans or cupcake tins with baking cups and place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
    4. 4
      Fill the cups 2/3 full of cream cheese mixture.
    5. 5
      Bake for 18 minutes or until set. It will look they are not done, but they are, take them out!
    6. 6
      When warm, top each with a tablespoon of cherry filling.
    7. 7
      Chill in refrigerator, or take them directly over to my house. 

      (picture here at bakerella though she uses more sugar than I do)


    1 comment:

    1. Thanks Wendy,
      I will bring some by later. Harmon's had cherry pie filling on sale and I bought some with these in mind. They sound so good. Can't wait.

      ReplyDelete