Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chicken Wraps

This is one of our family favorites. Don't skip the bacon, it makes all the difference :)


Big Tortillas (they could be small, but I like to load up!)
Cooked Rice
Chicken
Bacon cooked and broken into pieces
Lettuce/spinach/greens
tomatoes
celery
cheese
cucumbers
onions
carrots
peppers
avocados
Basically whatever veggies you have on hand or want. Ranch or dressing of choice


Cook some cut up chicken breasts in Italian dressing. When it is cooked, use the food chopper to make it small (or you could just shred it). I usually use two small chicken breasts for my family of 4 as its a topping, not the main part of the wrap.  Take a tortilla and put rice in it followed by lettuce (I use fresh spinach). Just add all the toppings of choice, I just listed what we like. I also use my food chopper for most of the veggies so it doesn't take as long to prepare.  Pour on some dressing, wrap it all up, and there you go! Before I tried these, I thought it would be weird with the hot rice and then all the cold toppings, but I love it! More hearty and filling than just a salad wrap. (and I have all the toppings ready to go for my lunch salad the next day as well). 

No comments:

Post a Comment