Fiesta Lime Chicken
My sister kind of made this up, so you can tweak it a bit to your liking, but its one of those last minute easy meals I can still throw together in 20 minutes.
Chicken (I used about 2-3 chicken tenderloins per person)
2 Tbls Lime Juice
Rice
Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Salso/Pico de Gallo
2 Tbls Taco Seasoning
First I cook my rice with the taco seasoning and about a spoonful of salsa. Cook however the package says, throw it all in my rice cooker.
While that is cooking cook your chicken in a pan with about 3/4cup water and the lime juice( I just throw my tenderloins in there frozen). When the chicken is basically done drain out all the water and brown both sides of the chicken. I then Squirt a little more lime juice on the chicken while its finishing cooking.
After both are cooked, arrange on a plate like this: Put 1/2 cup of the rice flat on the plate. Lay the about 2.5 oz of chicken on the rice. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of cheese on the chicken. If the heat of the chicken doesn't melt the cheese then pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to melt the cheese. Then Top with 2 Tbls of Salsa.
Chicken (I used about 2-3 chicken tenderloins per person)
2 Tbls Lime Juice
Rice
Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Salso/Pico de Gallo
2 Tbls Taco Seasoning
First I cook my rice with the taco seasoning and about a spoonful of salsa. Cook however the package says, throw it all in my rice cooker.
While that is cooking cook your chicken in a pan with about 3/4cup water and the lime juice( I just throw my tenderloins in there frozen). When the chicken is basically done drain out all the water and brown both sides of the chicken. I then Squirt a little more lime juice on the chicken while its finishing cooking.
After both are cooked, arrange on a plate like this: Put 1/2 cup of the rice flat on the plate. Lay the about 2.5 oz of chicken on the rice. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of cheese on the chicken. If the heat of the chicken doesn't melt the cheese then pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to melt the cheese. Then Top with 2 Tbls of Salsa.
No comments:
Post a Comment