Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
1 lb. fresh asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
1-2 T. olive oil
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
fresh Paremsan (this photo isn't mine, I'm usually more generous)
1 lemon, wedged
fried egg(s), optional
Heat oven to 400. Line asparagus spears on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded or shaved cheese and return to oven for one minute. Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto asparagus and serve with additional wedges.
The recipe I have says you can top it with fried eggs to create an Italian antipasta. It's pretty yummy.
I read somewhere that it's best to keep asparagus in a few inches of water in your fridge until you're ready to use it. I use a large thermos or small pitcher. A good way to tell where to trim the tough bottoms is to grasp a spear by both ends with your thumbs and first fingers, giving gentle pressure until it snaps on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment