Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Got Mango?

In honor of Sunflower Market's cheap mangoes (3 for a buck through Wednesday), I am posting my favorite mango recipe from Our Best Bites.



http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/spicy-honey-chicken-salad/

Kristin already mentioned that it's her favorite food blog, and it definitely gets my vote too. It is co-created by Sara Wells (not to be confused with our own Sarah Wells), who served a mission in Brazil, so there are lots of flavorful Latin dishes, including an awesome Black Bean Soup and dozens of cilantro-lime combos. This mango recipe is one of many, and they even have a tutorial on how to cut a mango. I happened upon an unadvertised sale of 25 cent mangoes at Rancho Market last week, so I'm slicing up several of them for smoothies!

Just a note, after you've read what Sara has to say about chicken thighs, I have tried this recipe with chicken thighs and breasts; I do like it just as well both ways, and thighs seem to be more work...

No comments:

Post a Comment