Monday, December 5, 2011

chewy lemon snowdrop cookies



these were a big hit at my Christmas Tea. I'd thought I'd share the recipe with all of you! Enjoy some lemony goodness!











1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

8 tablespoons unsalted butter

zest of 2 lemons

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1 c sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 cup powdered sugar, for coating




1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.

2. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, lemon zest, sugar, and agave nectar. Mix until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.

3. In a small cup, combine the lemon juice baking soda. With the mixer on low, add in flour mixture and lemon juice mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula and mix the dough by hand a few times to ensure an even distribution of the ingredients.

4. Roll the dough into balls, one inch in diameter...I smooshed them a little before putting them in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets , and then toss in powdered sugar to coat

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmm! I think the line that says 1 c. sugar should say 1/4 c. agave nectar or honey.

    ReplyDelete