Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Moroccan Stew





You can really add anything you want to this dish. I like to make it from things I have in my pantry and whatever veggies I have in the fridge. Carrots can be substituted for yams. Feel free to add to it what you like or don't like. I think it's a really easy, hearty vegetarian meal.









Ingredients

1 can garbanzo beans
2 c. diced butternut squash
1 yam diced
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 c. veggie broth- optional (just to add moisture to dish - evaluate after you add tomatoes)
1 onion finely chopped
1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 T. cinnamon
1 tsp. coriander
1-2 tsp curry powder
1/2 c. dried apricots, coarsely chopped
1/2 c. dates, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

chopped cashews - to garnish
cilantro chopped - to garnish

couscous (cooked separately)

Preparation
Chop all vegetables up into 1/2 inch cubes. Use a large saute pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat up. Add onions and garlic cook until translucent. Add butternut and yam and garbanzo beans and saute until tender (10 mins.). Add spices, tomatoes, veggie broth (if needed - juice from tomatoes might be enough), dried apricots and dates. Heat up until warmed through. Serve on top of couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment