Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chocolate Parfait Cookies

Ok Wendy, here they are. Finally. My parents friends own Jacob Lake Inn at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and they make and sell these yummy cookies in their bakery. They are a best seller! These are one of my favorites and so easy! Sorry I don't have a picture, but I made them for Katherine's Pretty Little Me boutique at Christmas time. That's when Wendy requested the recipe. Oh wow, I wish I had more time to blog!

Cream together:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar

Add:
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract

Then add:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Last but not least, add 1 10 oz. chocolate bar cut into small pieces (I prefer Symphony bar with toffee)

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Take them out right when they begin to get golden brown on the edges. Maybe even before that. I like them a little gooey. Oh, these are just the best. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am so making these this weekend and will hopefully not eat the entire batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're heading to Jacob's Lake next month :) Steve use to work there!

    ReplyDelete