Friday, February 18, 2011

Monterey Chicken Rolls

Alright, it's time for me to post SOMETHING. Hopefully this will be the first of many posts. This is one of my favorite recipes! It's easy and mm-mm-good. I found it on Recipezaar: http://www.recipezaar.com/92072
8 servings

Ingredients

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
Butter sauce:
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 dash garlic salt
parsley
Bread crumb combination:
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated, not shredded)
1 dash garlic salt

1. Pound chicken breasts to flatten them. Be gentle! You don't want holes in your chicken meat.
2. Slice Monterey Jack cheese about 1/4" thick, roll chicken around cheese.
3. Dip chicken in butter sauce, then in breadcrumb combination.
4. Place seam side down in 9x13 baking dish. (sometimes I add a toothpick to hold it together)
5. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in preheated oven.
6. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until browned.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner this week and it was fabulous and not too hard. Even my kids ate it!

    ReplyDelete